Here’s my recipe. It turned out great!
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 onion
- 1/2 red pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 1/2 orange pepper
- 1 poblano pepper
- 1 – 2 habanero peppers
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot (because I had it)
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin
- 1 6-ounce can green chilies
- 1 can kidney beans, partially drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon celery flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or cilantro flakes (or fresh if you have it)
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped green onion
- Grated cheese
- Add oil to skillet, brown the ground turkey, then add to the crock pot.
- Deglaze the skillet with some of the chicken broth, and add to crockpot.
- Chop onions, peppers, garlic, and shallot, sautee them in more oil until soft and a little browned, then add to the crock pot.
- Deglaze the skillet again with some chicken broth, and add to crockpot.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock pot.
- Stir well and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Cook on low heat for several more hours.
- Garnish with green onions and grated cheese to taste.
Yield: 8 2-cup servings, 22 grams carbohydrates each